- What are your operating hours?
Department Administration Offices Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
Registration & Cashier's Office Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
Recreational Sports Office Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Recreation Center Hours - Click Here
Wellness & Fitness Institute Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-5:00pm
- What forms of payment are accepted in the office?
Cash, Check (made out to U.C. Regents and provide your Driver’s License #), Mastercard, Visa Card.
- Can I charge my IM/ GauchoRec/ Adventure Programs registrations onto my BARC account?
No, payments need to be made up front in the office.
- What is the refund policy for Recreation Center Memberships and GauchoREC courses?
There are NO REFUNDS for memberships. Exceptions to the refund policy include medical conditions or extenuating circumstances that dictate inability to physically use Recreation Center facilities. Medical issues require a doctor’s note for consideration. Patrons on the annual Payroll Deduction membership will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee and it will be deducted from your paycheck for early cancellation.
For GauchoREC courses, consideration for refunds will only be granted during the first two weeks of each quarter. You can come into the office and fill out a refund request form. If a refund is granted, it will take 4-6 weeks to process, and a check will be issued to the mailing address you provided.
- What is the refund policy for Adventure Programs’ offerings?
You will need to come in and fill out a Refund Request Form. All refunds will incur a $20 service charge. If someone pays for your spot and the offering is full, you will be offered a full refund. If the offering is NOT FULL, up to 30 days before an offering, you may receive a full refund.. From 29 to 8 days before an offering, you may receive a 50% refund. We will not be offering refunds less than 8 days before the course.
- Where do I pay for Adventure Programs equipment rentals?
After you visit the Adventure Programs rental center and get a rental slip, come to the Cashier’s office to pay for the deposit.
- I’m trying to sign up for a class online. How come I am not getting the student discount?
In order to receive the student rate, be sure to use your uMail address when you log into your online account. Also, status is based on tuition for that quarter. If you are not paying tuition, you will be considered “non-student” status.
- Can I buy a membership to the pottery studio?
No, you must purchase a GauchoRec class. The studio will only be open during class times
- How do I buy a membership if I can’t make it to the Cashier’s Office during its hours?
New members must come into the office to buy a membership, sign a waiver and get a member card. Payment will not be accepted over the phone. Community members with an existing membership can renew their passes online.
- Is there a discount for Santa Barbara City College students?
No discounts are offered for SBCC students. They will be paying the community rate.
- I am a UCSB alumnus. Do I get an alumni discount?
UCSB alumni discounts are only offered to graduates in the Alumni Association. You will need to provide a proof of membership (Alumni Association card or email confirmation) to get the discounted rate.
- Do we offer Military or Senior Citizen discounts?
Although we support our military, there isn't a discount based on military service. Discounts are based on UC affiliation.