The UC WorkStrong Program
is a UC campus-wide initiative
that was created to help decrease the likelihood of subsequent injuries after an initial industrial injury (workers compensation claim). This Occupational Health & Wellness Program serves as a transfer of care upon physician referral. Eligible faculty or staff members who have experienced a worksite injury will be contacted directly. UC WorkStrong is covered completely through your workers compensation claim. Patients will receive a comprehensive program that is designed to meet their specific needs based on personal health goals, injury history, and special conditions. Our goal is to provide a fun and challenging environment for education, awareness, and improved health.
Depending on the injury and patient needs, WorkStrong may include some, or all of the following:
- Post Rehabilitation, Corrective Exercise, or Personal Training with Health Coaches is designed to either promote recovery from injury or improve fitness. Participants will learn injury prevention strategies and exercises. A functional movement screening, and comprehensive biometric assessment will help our practitioners design an exercise prescription and track progress.
- Nutrition Consultations help get (or keep) patients in tip top shape. Our registered dietician will assess the patient's current diet and eating habits and provide strategies to make healthier choices. The workouts with one of our Health Coaches will also help maximize the results of an improved diet.
- Life Balance and Stress Reduction Strategies, Modalities and Activities. We offer Therapeutic Yoga, Relaxation Techniques, Mindfulness, Meditation, which can help decompress those who may be wound tight after a stressful day. Our goal is to teach clients to increase awareness about stress levels so that it can be more easily managed. We also have massage therapy for the aches and pains from past or present injuries. In addition, we also are able to refer to a psychotherapist as part of the patient's program.
- Workplace Safety Assessment and Consultation is provided to ensure our clients are working in a comfortable and safe environment. Ergonomic assessments can be performed to maximize comfort level while at work and determine the need for additional tools.
- Behavior Modification Strategies to help clients be more productive and ditch those time-wasting and energy-sapping habits.
For more information, please contact Kim Creps at 805-893-5226 or email email@example.com